Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Model Poem

Charles Bukowski
As the Sparrow
To give life you must take life,and as our grief falls flat and hollowupon the billion-blooded seaI pass upon serious inward-breaking shoals rimmedwith white-legged, white-bellied rotting creatureslengthily dead and rioting against surrounding scenes.Dear child, I only did to you what the sparrowdid to you; I am old when it is fashionable to beyoung; I cry when it is fashionable to laugh.I hated you when it would have taken less courageto love.

Blind Dolphin

To be awake you must fall asleep,
Subconscious is fully administered through sedation,
This is where truth truly peeks through.
Above a thick pool of bodies,
Peering into the endless, neutral, distance,
Blind dolphins flap their hinds and scream for hunger,
Bleeding into nothing as surroundings overwhelm.
I only acted the same as the dolphins acted towards you,
Reactions were subtle, yet the opposite of what was expected.
I giggle when it is suitable to cry,
I was absent when I should’ve been there to hold you.
Now you’re here but not really, when I really wish you could be completely.
Even though you’ve gained thirty plus pounds to your entrails, and vercose veins swallow almost every inch of your thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment